Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Organization & Cleaning

I HATE cleaning!!  I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.  I get jealous of when I go into other people's houses and everything is clean and put in its place.  There's no marks or dings on the walls from where a toy got thrown or hit against the wall or from when the door opened to fast and smashed against the wall leaving a lovely dent where the doorknob was.  Another reason that I hate cleaning, is that it doesn't stay clean for long.  With 3 kids, 2 dogs and a cat, I can have the house picked up and clean in the morning but by 5 pm, its a mess again and it doesn't even look like I did anything.  I swear my husband must think all I do is sit around watching TV and eating bon-bons.

When I bought this house 5.5 years ago, it was a foreclosure home.  So we had to repair the walls, paint and replace the carpets.  I still have tons of things I need to repair like the door jam molding on all the doors and on the back porch door due to where the previous owner's cat & dog scratched and chewed it up.  I have several cat claw marks on the window still.  But me nor my husband are handy doing this kind of repair work.  I should know how to do this kinda stuff because I come from a family of carpenters and construction workers.  My dad and grandfather would be disappointed that I couldn't do that kind of repair work.

My other question is: How often does one do a deep cleaning?  by deep I mean wipe the walls down?  clean the baseboards?
I have to wipe down my wall and ceiling about every other month because the dust build-up is horrible!!  I don't know what I need to do to fix that.  My previous homes and apartments never had this issue.  I go around wiping the walls and ceiling down with a swiffer pad.  That product comes in handy because it does grab all the dust and not spread it everywhere.  I do replace the filter every 2-3 months.  Any suggestions on why my house gets so dusty so fast?

I have so much clutter!  It bugs me!  With 2 kids in school, the amount of paperwork they bring home is amazing!  I usually look through it and if its nothing important, it goes straight into the trash.  But still, those papers and other clutter do build up fast!  Between that and my couponing supplies, my desk is a mess!!  And its usually the 1st thing you see when you walk in the door to my house.  

Here is a list of stuff that needs to be completed:
Fix/repair the wall in closet from where the water was leaking
Clean out master closet and get rid of things that I no longer need
Put everything back in master closet from when I had to drag everything out to find leak.
Clean out hall closet
Clean/Organize Linen closet
De-clutter living room and kitchen
Straighten up the "store"
Clean up the basement
Clean out the Garage
Install new garage door opener
repair holes/scratches in wall
replace the door jam molding
replace the outside back porch door jam and replace weather proofing strip
re-paint after repairing holes/stratches in walls
re-paint baseboard and molding
re-paint front door inside and outside.
re-paint front porch
pressure wash the siding
work on landscaping and trim bushes


See, I'm already tired now that I see everything that needs to be done!  I wish I were rich and can hire someone to do all this for me! lol one can dream, can't she?

Photobucket

No comments: