Monday, May 7, 2012

Our Weekend

We have lived here in our house about 5 1/2 years now.  I've always wanted to get a fence for the back yard, but always thought they were super expensive to do so.   Then a friend of mine recently did hers and it wasn't as bad as I thought.  So we saved up some money and decided to get it done.  It only took the crew about 4 hours to do so.  I highly recommend Steve Long if you ever need to get any fencing done. 

 But the end result is amazing!  I love it!  The dogs and kids love it!  I love being able to let my dogs outside and let them run and play without being on a leash.  I also like the fact that I can just let my 2 year old son run around and play and I don't have to worry about him running to the road or going where he's not supposed to.
Before - Looking towards the back of the property
After - looking towards the back of the property
Before - looking towards the right side
After - looking towards the right side
Before - looking towards the left side
After - looking towards the left side
We got a new patio set so we can sit and watch the kids play.
 This is underneath our balcony deck.  We have an 2 story house in the back and this is leading out of our daylight basement.  Now our next project will be redoing the deck so we can have stairs going off the deck going to the back yard.  This will be a lot easier to just let the dogs/kids out instead of having to go through our laundry room, down a flight of stairs, through the basement and then outside.

Swingset with the neighborhood kids
 We had purchased a really nice wooden swingset a couple of years ago, but the storms we had in the last year or so knocked it over and destroyed it.  So the kids haven't had a swing set to play with in a while.  I just bought a basic metal one.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a swingset only for it to be damaged again.

We also removed some bushes/trees that was just annoying us! Thanks to a friend of ours for lending the chainsaw and helping us out.  We removed the tree thats at the corner of the house in picture #4.  As well as this bush that was at the corner of the house and driveway.  It was just an horrible bush, it was too tall to trim and it was prickly and full of bees/bugs.  So whenever we got out of the car, we would always get pricked or have bugs flying around us. 
Before
After

I think it looks a lot better with it gone.  Now our next weekend project will be mulching that same area.  But I have no idea when we will be able to do so since we have baseball games every Saturday and no truck to haul the mulch in.  The mulch place near my house that is less than a mile, wants $50 just to deliver it!!  CRAZY!


Photobucket

No comments: