Monday, May 21, 2012

Teacher Gifts




Its almost the end of the school year for my kids.  They get out of school on Wed May 23rd.  I can't believe I will have a 1st and 4th grader!!  Where did the time go?!

I wanted to do something special for the teachers but didn't want to give them the same old stuff I normally give them.  So I decided to browse pinterest and asked for some suggestions on facebook.  Someone mentioned that they did a berry basket.  I thought it was a cute idea!



I tried to find some containers the strawberries came in, but couldn't find any without purchasing the strawberries themselves.  I didn't want to purchase some strawberries because I had already bought 4 gallons of strawberries at a local farm.  So I went by goodwill and picked up some baskets for .77 cents each. 

 I filled it with Bath and Body works strawberry hand soap, hand sanitizer and a car freshener.  I then went to the store and purchased some gum and pop rocks in strawberry flavor.  There is a lot of other things you can put in this basket going with this theme.  candles, drink mixes, koolaid, etc.  Whatever you can think of.  

I had some leftover ribbons from a previous project so I just wrapped it around the handles and made a bow on both sides.  Then I crumbled up an white tissue paper for the bottom and put the stuff in it.  Then I printed out some notes here.  I then taped it to a kabob stick and stuck it in the basket.  I thought it was a cute idea and the teachers all loved it!

Tell me, what are some of your ideas for teacher gifts??

Photobucket

No comments: